fbpx

In some cases, consumers find themselves paying more for a prescription than for the doctor’s visit, or even their house payment. With the improvement of medications comes increased prices, and they are prices the average person cannot afford to pay. And though many have insurance, it is not always helpful. In fact, for those who purchase a combined insurance policy covering health care and pharmacy but have not yet met the deductible for the year, prescription costs may be even higher than they have paid in the past. 

For this reason, so many companies been providing pharmacy discount cards for little or no cost. Pharmacy cards, such as Abenity can offer discounts on prescriptions from as little as a 10% discount up to as high as an 85% discount. Most of the pharmacy discount cards are accepted at the majority of retail pharmacies. Abenity benefits, for example, are accepted at over 60,000 pharmacies including Walmart, Target, Walgreens, and CVS. You should also find that it is accepted at grocery store pharmacies such as Winn Dixie. 

The Abenity prescription card provides discounts on over 60,000 medications. The discount also covers other medical necessities that include diabetes supplies, smoking cessation instruments, and at times even canes and crutches when needed to get around. As an added bonus, Abenity benefits are available for your four legged family members, too. This can be very helpful when your fur baby needs a medication that you cannot afford. By presenting your card to the pharmacist, he or she can tell you just how much you will save. 

It is important to note that, unfortunately, pharmacies cannot typically accept combined insurance coverage and pharmacy discount card benefits, unless otherwise indicated in your insurance policy. However, you can choose to use whichever gives you the lowest price. Before immediately assuming that your insurance benefits are best, check the price of the prescription with the pharmacy discount card. It might surprise you to learn how much more you can save by using your pharmacy card instead.

Additionally, combined insurance coverage can be purchased to supplement your regular insurance policy. With insurance policies typically only covering a certain percentage of costs, and then only for certain medical needs, having supplemental insurance can help you tremendously. This additional insurance can help decrease costs that are left after your primary insurance policy covers what it will. For instance, if your regular insurance policy covers 85% of the cost of surgery, your supplemental insurance could cover the other 15%, leaving you with no out of pocket costs when you need medical attention. 

Most consumers will find that there is no perfect insurance coverage for their needs. However, it is quite possible to create your own combined insurance by putting together your regular policy, supplemental insurance, and a discount pharmacy card such as Abenity. By piecing together a combined insurance policy yourself, you can ensure that you have the protection you need available when you need it the most.